Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pasta Salad

There are many times in life in which I find myself settling for less than I desire. Most often, these times occur when I eat at Kimball. However, the saving grace of any unfulfilling Kimball meal is, in my opinion, Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Today I fell back on an old standard: hot sauce pasta salad. To say that I like eating pasta salad with hot sauce on it would be a fairly accurate depiction of my edible preferences; but to say that I enjoy hot sauce with some pasta salad sprinkled throughout would be more accurate. Add some shredded cheddar cheese and you've basically made my wet dreams come true. Some may say that putting hot sauce on pasta is one step from merely spooning hot sauce straight into your mouth. I won't disagree with that assertion, but unfortunately the day has yet to come when drinking hot sauce from the bottle is socially acceptable. For now, I'll bide my time with fusili noodles and devour my hot sauce without shame.

NOTE: It is crucial to remove all pieces of black olives and tofu from the Kimball pasta salad. This isn't Vietnam, there are rules here.

No comments:

Post a Comment